Thursday, September 21, 2006

Landslide

landslide video

I'm not used to posting links; so see if this works. Click on the video link above and find the video called "Workers try to remove debris on Rt. 65". Then press play and wait patiently through the commercial.

This is about 2 miles from our house, on the road that passes directly in front of us, just on the other side of the railroad tracks. This particular section of the road doesn't affect our travel that much - I only go that way a couple of times per week, not every day. But as of tonight the traintracks are shut down!!! Blessed silence. Hey, you've got to look for silver linings, right? Of course, after they reopen, it will probably be all trains, all day long, 24/7, to clear up the backlog. But, I shall sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's come crazy news footage. I hereby declare this to be PA's Big Dig.

heh heh.

so....What's going on exactly? I could try and watch 60-2minute clips to get the whole story. I gathered it was a construction site. What were they building? I thought I caught the word Walmart in there somewhere?

I'm sick. Heather is getting sick. And she's doing the flowers for a huge wedding tomorrow (her cousin's). This is the end of 2 very hectic weeks out here, so we're both ready for a nap.

-Steve

J said...

Huh...I bet you can't sleep its so quiet. you'll have to download one of those soothing train-noise CDs to play tonight...

m&j are sick too...wah...