Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's all fun and games until someone puts their eye out

I went to a cabaret type fundraiser last night and heard a friend of mine sing this fabulous song...and now I can't remember what it's called!! It's sung by Santa's wife, and it's all about how she's leaving him because he seems to prefer the reindeer over her, and it's marvelously funny. I'm going to try to find the lyrics and post them, although it won't be nearly as effective without hearing Becki's performance of it. She's one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life, and she has an incredible voice - chest voice, head voice, musical theater, legit, funny accents, she can do it all. I met some really nice people, and had a great time.
On the down side, something's bothering Cinderella. She fell down a couple of days ago and bumped her nose on the side of the computer. There was a small scratch on the outside which bled a little, but it didn't look serious, and she stopped crying after a couple of minutes. Ever since then, though, she'll rub her nose and start crying, saying it hurts. It's not the side that had the scratch, so I'm wondering if she did something to the inside. She's also been really tired and crabby ever since then. I hope it's nothing more than the "three's". I'll watch her for a couple of days, and if she's still complaning about it, I'll call the Dr., who can then force a flashlight up her nose, and poke and prod it with his hand until she's totally freaked about the pain and doctors in general, and then tell me he can't see anything wrong. Kind of like what happened with her ears when she was a baby. She still doesn't like her ears being looked at. Plus, she just had a well-child checkup the morning before this fall! She weighs 28 pounds now - only 3 behind Tarzan! I told him he'd better start eating more, or she'll catch up to him and start beating him up.
Oh, someone also sang "The Scotsman" at this cabaret - I didn't know there was another verse at the end...J, you've been holding out!!!

No comments: