Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grades and taxes and poop. Oh my.

Yeah, not much going on here either. I had my Rapier and Dagger midterm yesterday. I think I did okay. Actually, I think I did well on the written part, so-so on the actual fight. I blanked and did a parry 2 instead of a parry 3 right at the end. I know, right?? What was I thinking! I got my first three grades for Text Analysis and they're all good. And I got an A on my first scene in scene study class. So all is well. Spent this afternoon wrestling the kids about their homework. Scooby has a paper to write about chemical and physical changes in matter...I had to look up a lot of stuff before I understood the assignment. Cinderella is struggling to get through chapter books for her reading assignments - her attention span poops out pretty quick and then we have to fight to push through to the end of the chapter. Tarzan...still doesn't have enough homework. Scooby's been playing around with the animation program Dad linked to me...it seems a bit clunky to me, but he's having fun with it. Spent the weekend doing taxes. I used HRBlock online, and then Don insisted we do them again with Turbotax. HRBlock is giving us $1000 more of a refund than turbotax,so I think we'll go with them. We can't quite figure out how they're figuring everything, so I'm not sure why the difference. It's something about the Lifetime Learning Credit, or the tuition and fees deduction, but I'm not sure exactly what. Then I filled out the FAFSA and started applying for some scholarships for next year. Fun, huh? And the cat smelled really poopy tonight so I gave him another mini-bath. Don't you wish you had my life? : )

3 comments:

M.M. said...

No, I'm struggling along with my own, thank you!
Congrats on the grades, though.
M.M.

Unknown said...

First semester going well, congratulations! Seven months in VA and you all survived and doing ok. BIG answer to prayer! I am so proud of every one of you. It was a huge undertaking and with God’s help, all is well. Yippee!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're doing well! At least your kitty didn't pee all down your coat, pants and shoes while you were at work, without a change of clothes. Yick...