Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Birthday, Scooby!


It's still birthday season here. We had another party on Monday, and the weather cleared up in time for a hot, sunny, raucous little boy birthday party. We celebrated with a baseball theme this year, in honor of Scooby's newfound passion for the game (although not for the Pirates, unfortunately, as they are very difficult to root for!!)
We made baseball picture frames, played pin the hat on the ballplayer, had a relay race with spoons and balls, and lots of yummy treats to eat. I think he had a really nice time and it was especially nice to have Grandma and Grandpa AND Granny all here to celebrate with us.
So Scooby, you're a big seven year old now...big front teeth, goofy grin, and all. You are my creative thinker, my storyteller, my craft-maker. You have definite visions for how you want your world to be, and plans for how to get there. You have great ideas for stories, games, projects, contraptions...you love to see how things work and try to replicate it yourself. You're a thinker - you're big question has always been "Why?" (Just as Tarzan's has been "What if....?" and Cinderella's has been "What are you doing?") You're a cuddly snuggler, and capable of being extremely silly and goofy - all good qualities to have! You are my firstborn, my long awaited beloved son, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life. Happy Birthday, big boy!

No comments: