Friday, May 16, 2008

Gasp...wheeze...

So, here is where I ran today. Okay, I walked most of the uphill stuff, but ran most of the downhill and flat stuff. If this link works, check out the "show elevation" button under the map. It's crazy! But my goal was continuous movement, no matter how slow. And I did it! On Facebook, I called it 6.7 miles, but according to this, it's actually 6.96. I'm sore tonight, and I'll probably be really sore tomorrow, but I'm proud of myself. I probably won't do this route too often, and there are some curvy roads with NO shoulders and it's not very safe. But I did it today. In the rain too!


Hm..I don't think the show elevation button is there. But trust me, it's some big-ass hills.

In other news, Tarzan was off school for three days with fever and sore throat. No throwing up, which is nice. He went back yesterday, but still tires quickly. He is enjoying T-ball a lot - even though every game or practice they've had so far has been either in the rain, or on a mud-pit of a field after it rained.

Scooby had his third grade recorder concert last night, followed by the 4th grade "orchestra" (11 violins and one 5th grade cellist on loan) and the 4th grade band. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. They really weren't that bad! Next week, he gets to try out an instrument to learn in 4th grade. He's going to try clarinet and violin, leaning towards violin. Can't you just see him as a strolling violin playing waiter?

Cinderella only has 3 more days of school. Her graduation is on the 27th. Then I'll have no more preschoolers! It's going to be a long summer...

On that front, Scooby's been offered an opportunity to go to a week long sleepaway camp in the Laurel Highlands for free! He seems up for it - Don's a little worried about the fact that we don't know anyone running the camp, or the leaders, or who else might be going. He's afraid Scooby will be beaten up and picked on the whole time. I'm going to look into it some more, and see what we can find out.

I also joined the amazing time-wasting Facebook this week so I could be continually humiliated by my brother and sister and brother-in-law kicking my ass in games. On the plus side, I found Laura Heymann! I haven't heard from her, besides Christmas cards, since the five minutes I spent with her at my wedding.

I've picked up a little more work for the summer - some more standardized patient dates, and 3 weeks of drama camp - one week of full days, and two weeks of half days. Still don't know what I'm doing in the fall.

Oh well, I'll think about that tomorrow... (name that movie!)

5 comments:

Blackbird said...

Boy, Scooby needs a haircut! Never mind the campers - check out the counselors. Anyone who willingly spends weeks on end with herds of shrieking 7-9 year old kids by definition must have something wrong with them.

Melissa said...

Ditto on what Blackbird said! Who ARE those people?? There's nothing like sleepaway camp though. I have some of my most favorite memories from horse camp - and East Boston camps before that!

SMNYC said...

Ditto on the East Boston Camps. And even if he did get picked on...well..so what? I just mean it'll be another learning experience on dealing with it I guess?

If I could make a request, have scooby listen to a couple "fun" jazz records with clarinet. The kind of music Mr. B used to play. If I'd know clarinets could sound like that, I probably wouldn't done that instead of saxophone.

Sawdust said...

Hey, that's the route I walked when I "discovered" the hill going up to Sewickley Heights! What a trek. Congratulations.

Sawdust said...

Oh, by the way, it's from "Gone With the Wind."