Thursday, January 31, 2008

Riding in the car with Cinderella

C: Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama.
Me: What.
C: Mama. Mama. Mama.
Me: YES?
C: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
C: What does the dog do to the dog?
Me: I don't know, what?
C: Live with it!!!! (Hysterical laughter)
Me: Ha ha ha.
C: Knock knock.
Me: Who's there?
C: Why does the man...no, the dog...no, why does the dog live with the man?
Me: I don't know, why?
C: To be with the dog!! (Hysterical laughter)
Me: Wow, good one.
C: Let's play mermaid. I will be the mermaid, and you will be the mommy.
Me: Okay.
C: I will be the princess mermaid, who has superpowers. I have powers that are...who's the girl in that movie?
Me: Violet? From the Incredibles? (I'm an amazing guesser)
C: Yes. I will be Violet. What does she do again?
Me: She goes invisible. And makes a shield.
C: What's a shield?
Me: It protects you from bad guys.
C: Like Jesus?
Me: Sure.
C: Okay, I'm the princess mermaid with superhero shield. And you are the mommy. The stretchy mommy. With elastical arms.
Me: Yep, that's me.
C: Okay. Play.
Me: Actually, I'm driving.
C: How longer until we get there?
Me: We'll be leaving the parking spot any second now.

1 comment:

SMNYC said...

Very cute.

(You wouldn't believe the size of the snowflakes going back my window right now. And like Lucy says, they're going up, not down)