Saturday, March 11, 2006

Internet stalker

Okay, most of you already know I'm an internet stalker. I like to google people and find out if they have a presence on the World Wide Web. I don't really do it to be intrusive, I just think it's fun...and if anyone out there posts a resume, or a blog, or a livejournal, for instance, I think it's pretty much fair game to be read. Well, last night I found my high school boyfriend. I had pretty much assumed that he was either dead in a ditch by now, or at least shacked up with a relative somewhere in Lowell, but apparently he moved to Wisconsin, completed a master's degree in piano performance, and is teaching private lessons while - get this - acting as Music Director for a church! Those of you who know who I'm talking about probably need to take a moment to pick your jaws up off the floor. I even found a picture, and while the past 20 years have treated him about the same as they've treated me, and he does have considerably less hair, he looked peaceful and healthy. I'm so happy for him. I'm considering further stalking to try to find an email address. Yes, Hubby knows I'm doing this, and it's just for friendly inquiry, so don't freak out, Mom. It's good to know that people can change. I know I certainly have, and I don't know why it's so hard to recognize that in other people as well, instead of holding a frozen image of them from a previous time. So here's to change. And stalking.

2 comments:

J said...

Yeah, a few years ago, I got an unexpected letter from an ex by the same first name. He had moved south, gotten married, and sounded really happy. See. I knew he wasn't evil.
-M

Anonymous said...

I didn't say wither of them were evil-just not the "princes" for my daughters.
M too