Thursday, April 01, 2010

Sunny, at least

Had another run up "stomach-bug" hill this week, and managed to again avoid catching it myself, knock wood! Cinderella was sick Monday evening into Tuesday, which meant I had to miss class on Tuesday. I did get a fair amount of work done, but somehow didn't manage to save it on my laptop (although I swear I hit the Save button) and had to do it all over again on Wednesday. School is intensifying up a bit as we head down the home stretch - I can't believe my first year is over in about six weeks! Truly, where has the time gone? I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to continue my part-time job - oops, I mean my volunteering -- at the elementary school. Yet, I'm afraid to not be there. Next week is Spring break for the kids, so it's a break for me too - at least from their school, though not from mine. And thankfully, Granny is coming to visit! Yay!! Hopefully the nice weather will stick around for her. I'm still feeling angsty about Scooby's school situation for next year. Nothing to do but wait, which I HATE! Last year at this time, it was my own school fate I was waiting to hear about. So much can change in a year. Hope the drowned rats in RI are starting to dry out. Sounds pretty crazy up there! Can you drive anywhere yet? I managed to run over to Barnes and Noble today and pick up a few books from the Easter Bunny. (Pinkerella sticker book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself book, and The Toilet Paper Tigers - all specifically pointed out as desirable by each respective kiddo.) And, Scooby finally lost a dangling molar tonight (thanks for the gum, Grandma!) so our house will be host to several mythical visitors this weekend.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh, what happens with the tooth fairy and the easter bunny run into each other? Does the tooth fairy thank the easter bunny? Does the easter bunny guard his buck teeth with his paw?

M.M. said...

Wish I could be there, whether mythical or not!
I miss you guys. Seeing you for such a short time was teasing!!!! Not nice to tease!
M.M.

SMNYC said...

I think it would be REALLY funny if David got an easter egg under his pillow and something toothy in his basket.

Blackbird said...

Given that the tooth fairy is somewhat of a dingbat (always was, as I recall), and since my childhood experiences lead me to believe that the Easter Bunny is about 7 feet tall, I'm guessing that the Easter Bunny would win any confrontation.

CassandraMadeIt said...

You amaze me with all that you are doing. Incredible! Do you have 1 or 2 more years of school?
Am so glad you are having the time of your life in school!!!