Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One of my weird jobs

For those of you interested, here's a humorous article describing some of what I do at the Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical School.
http://www.slate.com/id/2169480/pagenum/all/
Although I haven't actually done the physical exams yet, it's coming up later in the fall. So far, I've only done interviewing skills, where I don't actually have to "gown up". This week I did Nicotene Cessation training on Monday, today and Friday I have training for Psychiatric cases (OCD and Schizophrenia) and tomorrow I have appendicitis. It's been a tough week. : )

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Fascinating...you'll have to tell us how that goes...We ducked out of having to examine eachother...but we did examine eachothers' dogs...They were usually very compliant...but its hard to keep those johnnys on them...